Tales from my life as a mom of 2 sons and 2 daughters

Pages

Cheli On Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I think I'm in labor.. am having contractions 8-9 minutes apart.. back pain.. lots of pressure low in my abdomen..

Called labor and delivery and they told me to take a hot bath if the contractions get stronger come in if they lessened then it's false.. got in the bath and immediately had a contraction then threw up and had another contraction and then a few minutes later had another..

OMG OMG OMG I'm not ready!!!!!! I am terrified!

Anyone want to take guesses on weight? and height?


UPDATE

So I'm home.. 3:30am and I'm home and contracting immensely.. stupid hospital
I got there and they hook me up.. sure enough regular contraction 7 minutes apart.. so they check my cervix.. 1 cm dialated and barely thinning... so she tells me they are going to do an NST and then send me home if it's reactive. Fine whatever.. it took them 40 minutes to do a 20 minute strip because River REFUSED to cooperate. By the time they got the strip my contractions were 2-3 min apart and pretty strong.. so the doctor gives us the option of staying another 2 hours to walk the floor and see if that changes my cervix any.. if it did I'd be admitted.. so for an hour and a half I walk the floor.. contractions are still regular but they aren't doing ANYTHING. I haven't slept, I can't eat, I can barely drink.. I am a nervous wreck and she sends me home..
I have an appointment in about 7 hours with my doctor.. will be begging her then for induction since my contrax are regular and just aren't doing anything. OK off to go be miserable and take a bath

0 comments: