Tales from my life as a mom of 2 sons and 2 daughters

Pages

Cheli On Saturday, March 11, 2006

Thanks everyone for all the support and advice.

After reading the comments and listening to River scream for 2 1/2 hours last night I decided that it was time to try a few things. What I decided to do was pump and see how much I am producing to see if it a possiblity that I'm not making enough milk. Well when I tried.. the pump broke (or so i thought..) so we went to Wal-Mart and bought another one in a brand that someone had recommended.. got home and the stupid thing SUCKS.. it has barely any suction.. so I freaked out that I really wasn't making enough (only got 2 1/2 oz) and basically has a mini break down. I think all of this was just built up from the last week or so. Then I decided to try the other pump again and exchanged out a little valve that was on it and the thing worked wonderfully. After feeding River for 15 minutes, pumping 2 1/2 oz before hand, I was able to get another 2 oz. But I still wasn't sure. River was asleep finally so I told Doug I was going to bed.. this was at about 1.

Doug then put River in his crib in his nursery so that he could tinker with the computer.. River slept there until 5:30 when he woke up crying.. Doug fed him the milk I'd pumped and he went back to sleep.. it's now 8:15 and he's still asleep. In his crib. I think perhaps he just does better in his crib.. I've been thinking this for days because he always naps longer than he sleeps at night. Of course this could also just be rest from his screaming fit last night.

So when I woke up at 7:30 I decided to go ahead and pump and see how much I'd get.. in 20 minutes (10 on each) I got just shy of 6 oz. There is NO WAY that's not enough for a month old child. So we shall see how today goes.. I am going to keep a log of when and how much he eats, when he sleeps, when he starts screaming and how long it lasts.. etc.. hopefully we'll figure something out.

I knew he had to be getting what he needs.. we took him to the doctor yesterday for his results of the tests they did in the hospital (all of them came back negative) and they weighed him.. with a disposible diaper and a thin onesie on he weighed 9 lbs 15 oz. OMG According to percentiles he's still tiny for his age but he seems huge to me and he's gained 2 1/2 lbs since birth so that's pretty good in my book.

I'll get a pic of him later and post his 1 month pic for you all :) Can't believe it's been a month!!! WOW.

0 comments: