Tales from my life as a mom of 2 sons and 2 daughters

Pages

Cheli On Friday, February 3, 2006
Well I have been up since 3am.. i woke up to ALOT of back pain/pressure.. figured I'd slept on it wrong or baby was laying on a nerve.. tried to adjust positions and it didn't help but it did cause me to have a contraction.. laid there for a while.. realized was contracting more than usual so I decided to time it for about 20 minutes.. they are every 2-5 minutes.. some are pretty strong some are weaker.. We are leaving here in about 30 minutes to take Linda to work and then head to the hospital for my NST anyway.. maybe today is the day? HA I doubt it but who knows.. Either way.. this SUCKS

UPDATE:

Ok so we're home.. got there WAY early... my appointment was at 9am and we were there by 8.. so was the nurse and she was more than happy to take me early because she overbooked today. Hooked me up to the monitors and Doug told her I'd been contracting since 3am and she hands me a little buzzer thing and says to press the button every time I feel a contraction.. so I did. She comes back over after a few minutes adjusts the belt and I adjusted the position I was in because I was EXTREMELY uncomfortable. She comes back after about 5 minutes and says WHOA we got them now.. you are definately contracting.. 20 minutes later she says that I am contracting technically every 2-3 minutes but that the stronger ones are every 4-7 minutes and then says she wants the doctor to check me out. Which means we have to wait around until 9am. Whatever.. Doctor gets there about 8:45.. checks me.. I am STILL a fucking 1!!!!! UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I am still contracting regularly but they just arent' doing shit apparently. We're going on 12 hours of contracting regularly.. this sucks big time. If only I could find a way to make them more intense... I am so ready to have this kid.. *sigh* I guess the good news is that no matter what I'm doing or what position I'm in the contractions are still coming.. normally with Braxton Hicks they stop if you change positions or walk around.. *shrug* ok wishful thinking..

0 comments: