Tales from my life as a mom of 2 sons and 2 daughters

Pages

Cheli On Friday, June 16, 2006

River had his Upper GI today. He had to drink an 8 oz bottle of Barium while they did it so they could watch it work it's way through his body. He was supposed to go in at 9:45.. they asked what time I fed him last. I told them right before 7 and they said I wasnt' supposed to feed him and that we'd either have to wait or reschedule. UGHHHHH no one told us not to feed him, we even asked about special restriction specifically.. stupid people. So 4 1/2 hours after his first bottle he had his Barium.. he INHALED it. I think the poor baby was starving. She said they were mostly for two abnormalities and he had neither of them. YAY! Said she would take a look at everything else and send results to the doctor. *shrug* So he's asleep now. Been sleeping basically all day because he had another late night last night and early morning.

WIC didn't want to pay for his formula this month.. said they wanted to challenge his formula and try him back on GoodStart.. (a milk based formula). I told them the Gastrointrologist said he didn't want it challenged until 8-9 months at least. She said they had to have it in writing.. I gave it to her. They are going to challenge him at 9 months unless a doctor protests. I don't blame them for not wanting to pay it.. 25 dollars a can for 8 cans a month.. UGHHH expensive stuff. So they went ahead and gave us the checks and we got his formula today.

0 comments: