Tales from my life as a mom of 2 sons and 2 daughters

Pages

Cheli On Saturday, June 10, 2006

Hey All,

Well we had a fun day here. Doug and I went to the Museum of Science and History in Jacksonville today. They were having a fundraising event and the Jacksonville Herpatilogical Society had set up a booth to have people from the Society volunteer to bring in their reptiles and show them to the parents and children to help try and show children that reptiles aren't scary.. so we volunteered to go. We took our Columbian Red Tail Boa and we were there all day showing him off. It was very enjoyable and the baby was wonderful the whole time we were there.. only got fussy right as we were getting ready to leave.

Speaking of the baby... he is 4 months old tomorrow!!!! Where has the time gone???? He's getting so big. He goes Monday morning for his 4 month well baby visit. We'll get to find out how much he weighs and how long he is.. but he also gets his next round of shots :( *sigh* We sold the rest of his small cloth diapers on E-bay today.. made 50 dollars.. so we officially made 20 dollars more than we spent buying them when all is said and done.. WOO HOOO. We're going to try and cloth diaper him again during the day with better diapers. We really like the way the diapers feel on him and they are better for him (and cheaper for us) so we'll see. I have 4 of them coming next week and hopefully we can test those out and see what works if anything.

I am thinking about getting my hair cut.. like majorly cut.. of course I've been thinking about doing that for years but I am really getting sick of how heavy my hair is. So I got to thinking about it.. my hair now reaches my waist.. what if I cut off 10 inches and donate it to Locks of Love at least then it would be worth parting with it because I know it's going to a good cause. We figure the 10 inches would probably take my hair up to about between my shoulder blades.. hasn't been that short in about 6 years. LOL and if I can find a place around here that sponsors Locks of Love they will cut my hair for free as long as I am donating it.

0 comments: