Tales from my life as a mom of 2 sons and 2 daughters

Pages

Cheli On Friday, April 4, 2008

7 weeks already!!!!! It's flying by. I wish it would slow down. Journey is doing amazingly well at night. *knock on wood* the past 4 days he's slept 9pm until 3am or later (last night it was until 4am--7hours baby!!) and then wakes up and chows down and goes right back down from about 3:30 until at least 7:30 sometimes as late as 9am. He sleeps in bed with us in his snuggle nest and seems to love it. Which excites me to no end because River wanted out of our room at 5 weeks and did much better on his own terms. *shrug*. I'm a littler nervous, anxious about when he outgrows the snuggle nest and is actually sleeping in the bed with us with no barrier... but I guess we'll figure that out as we go. He still HATES to be put down for any length of time. I'm determined to give him tummy time every day though which pretty much turns into 3- 10 minute blocks of him screaming until he passes out for a half hour or so. But he can hold his head up when on his belly and he has great head control when we are holding him so I guess just that little bit of time each day is enough. I'm still eagerly awaiting his first smile. It seems like it's taking him forever to smile. *sigh*

River is doing good. He seems to be going through the "terrible 2's" now. He isn't listening at all and whenever we tell him to do something he tells us "no". He has spent alot of time in time out needless to say. He KNOWS what he is doing is wrong because he's a smart little boy but he CHOOSES to do them to see what we do. I hate this testing limits stuff.. I want my sweet boy back. He amazes us every day with the stuff he is learning. He knows about a third of his alphabet. He can count to 10. He knows his colors. He knows his shapes. He can sing twinkle twinkle little star. I love it. He has taken to using a bit of sign language to convey what he wants. He only uses the signs for "more" and "eat" even though he can say both words clearly but it's pretty cool to see him do it. He is showing more interest and more readiness for potty training. We aren't really pushing it though because he's still only 25 months old but with in the next few months he'll probably be ready to begin potty training in earnest. Which totally thrills me beyond belief as having 2 in diapers is for the birds.

Yesterday was a big day for me. I had my bankruptsy hearing. It went great. I should get my discharge papers in about a month and then the only "debt" I'll still owe are my student loans. Which I'll be paying on until the day I die I'm sure. I then had my 6 week post partum appointment with the OB who did my surgery. I have lost 30 lbs since Journey was born. I still have 30 lbs to go to reach my first major goal but I'm half way there. I already feel a ton better. I don't think I'll ever get down to the size that "they" say I should be for my height but oh well. At least I'll look better than I ever have in my life and there is something to be said for that, right? We also talked about birth control options and what we wanted to do. After discussing pros and cons of all the choices and what would work best for me. I've decided to go with Mirena for birth control. I'll go back on the 17th as long as all my cultures from yesterday come back clear and get the Mirena put in. Then we won't have to worry about it until we're ready to have it removed to try for our 3rd (and last) baby in a few years. The plan is to wait to try for a 3rd until I'm done with my associates degree. Which will take me about a year or so to complete. I don't want to think about trying for another until Journey is about 18 months old. I think I want a little more space between them then is between River and Journey (24 months).

Other than the fact that Journey's surgery is next week and I'm scared to death about it.. life is good. I hope it continues to stay that way.

0 comments: