Tales from my life as a mom of 2 sons and 2 daughters

Pages

Cheli On Thursday, April 6, 2006

So I had a minor break down earlier when it dawned on me that I might have breastfed River for the last time.. I cried a few tears and then decided it wasn't helping. I got online and did a little research before we had to go pick my mother in law up from work and I found out that just because River has a milk protein allergy *if that is infact what the issue is* it doesn't mean I have to stop breastfeeding. If I stop eating dairy products *which I don't eat alot of anyway* it will take 2 weeks or so for the milk protein to leave my body and about as long for it to leave River's completely.. then my milk shouldn't bother him.. so if the Nutrimagen helps him (it'll take 48 hours or so before we'll start to see a difference according to the doctor) then I'll continue to pump for the next two weeks until it leaves my system to keep my supply up and then start feeding him again.. or try to.. if he starts to have the same problem.. he'll go on formula again and stay on it. I just am not ready to give up with out a fight.

He is starting to outgrow the small cloth diapers we originally bought. Well not the diapers themselves but the covers we put over them.. mostly because the fitteds (the diapers) are too bulky added in with his buddha belly for the covers to fasten right.. so we'll sell the covers in the next week or two and buy mediums to replace them.. those go up to 22 lbs and he should be in those for a while. According to the scale today at the pediatricians which is the scale we USUALLY weigh him on.. he's 11 lbs 12 oz which is an 8 oz gain in almost 2 weeks.. that's MUCH better than 13 lbs 4 zo which would have been a 2 lbs gain. Either way.. my little boy is growing way too fast. Now if we could just make him happy and healthy life would be good.

He goes back on the 17th and that's when he'll start his immunizations.. we were thinking about delaying them or not getting them at all but with all the problems he has had these first 2 months.. I just don't want to take the risk

Doug got his temporary license for the security guard from the state today, which means he can get a job now. They will mail him his official license from Tallahassee when it's gets processed.. they said it could be about 3 to 4 months. He'll start looking for a job next week, calling around and find out who is hiring, where they are hiring for, and what they pay.. and then he'll put in applications next Thursday and Friday (we have appointments Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday) and I think we're going to try and get him starting a job when we get back from visiting his sister the 21st throught he 24th.

0 comments: