Tales from my life as a mom of 2 sons and 2 daughters

Pages

Cheli On Wednesday, April 19, 2006

So we have someone come out the house once a week with a program called Healthy Families.. she gives us ideas on ways to play with River to help him grow and learn and how to better us as well.. She came out today and did something called a Denver Development Assessment.. basically it assesses River on a few areas of growth: fine motor, gross motor, language, and social ability. She asks us questions on what he's doing an then does a few activities with him to see what he can accomplish. She gave us the results afterward.. he is on a 6 month level on gross motor skills, he is on a 6 month level on language skills, he's on a 5 month level for fine motor skills, and a 5 month level for social ability.. She said he is doing amazingly well! YAY!!!! We'll do another one in about 3 months.

I decided today that it's time I go to school for the LPN. I called Linda at the Career Institute and made an appointment to come in tomorrow to redo some paperwork and meet with the financial advisor for a preliminary assessment. It will take about 45 minutes.. then I'll go back next week when we get back from SC and meet with the financial aide advisor again with all the tax paperwork etc.. and find out exactly how much financial aide I'll actually get and how much we'll have to come out of pocket from the start etc.. Then I'll go back May/June for an interview with the dean of admissions and barring all that.. If I get a place (there are 30 places and 3 alt positions) I'll start class in July.

By then River will be 5 months old and even though I really don't want to leave him 40 hours a week.. if it means a better life for all of us.. it'll be worth it..

0 comments: