Tales from my life as a mom of 2 sons and 2 daughters


Cheli On Tuesday, December 6, 2005

Hey Everyone,

It's 4am and I still haven't slept.. The alarm is going to go off in about 4 hours so I probably won't sleep. Oh well. I have officially reached the point in pregnancy where I am uncomfortable no matter what I do.. but I am almost there!

For those who don't know.. Doug and I moved to Florida last week. Doug lost his job back in October and I quit about 2 weeks before then.. We had paid ahead in our bills to the end of the lease so we were able to stay there for a while in hopes of finding a job but apparently no one in Knoxville was hiring right now that would pay anything that we would be able to survive on. So we talked about it and tried to figure out some way to do it but we just couldn't come up with one that sounded even remotely like it would be a good idea. So Doug called his mother and asked if we could come stay here for a little while to get everything situated. We were going to stay to finish out the semester but after talking with our professors and what not we discovered we really didn't need to for various reasons and the extra time would give us time to try and get things straight here.. and being as far as I am in the pregnancy.. extra time is a good thing.

So we packed up the apartment and drove down here last Monday. It took us forever because we had to stop twice so I could sleep.. but we made it safe.

Since we've been here we've been running all over the place trying to get things done. I am trying to get seen by a doctor but most won't take me because I am high risk. We founda a clinic that is attached to a major hospital here that has a wonderful high risk staff and a Level 3 NICU incase something goes wrong and I will hopefully be seeing someone there really soon. We had to go to the ER today because I was in pain and had alot of pressure. They hooked me up the machines, tested my blood, and did an ultrasound. My blood work came back good, sugar was really good... 89.. the doctor was not happy when I told her the midwife didn't do a 3 hour on me but she said that she does think I have GD so she's treating me as such. She said that the monitors picked up 4 or 5 contractions in the hour she was monitoring me but that they were mild.. she checked my cervix and it's still closed and thick which is good. The ultrasound went great.. River is BIG. She measured his head, abdomen, and femur and he is measuring about 32.4 weeks and he weighs 1962 grams or 4.3 lbs (the average size of a 33 week baby).. I will be 31 weeks on Wednesday.

I have an interview this afternoon with a director of a nursing program at the university.. if it goes well I might be able to start the program in March and have my LPN license by June 07. We looked into getting Doug into this 8 month Computer Systems Technician program but it's 11,000 dollars.. and even with all the finiancial aid we can get it still leaves us with almost 3000 dollars out of pocket. I really want him in that program. It looks like he'll have to take a few classes at the community college this semester and then the program in the fall when the Pell Grant gets reissued.

4:40am and I can't sleep.. still have contractions and pressure.. And am having nightmares anyway.. this sucks