Tales from my life as a mom of 2 sons and 2 daughters


Cheli On Friday, October 7, 2005

Hey Everyone,

I am at school, waiting for the midwife to call me to tell me what's going on. I was back in the ER last night. I called the midwife yesterday afternoon and told her I was still in alot of pain and nothing I was doing was helping. Basically the midwife on duty told me she didn't know what to tell me, it didn't sound pregnancy related so all she could say was to relax, take a warm bath, use a heating pad and take Tylonel. I wanted to scream at her that I'd been doing these things since Friday when it all started and it wasn't getting better it was getting worse. Instead I thanked her and got off the phone. I talked to Doug and talked to some friends of mine about what was going on. Doug tried to make an appointment with a GP but the insurance book that I have that is supposed to have the names of the physicians who take my insurance is really out dated. Most of the ones we called weren't taking new patients or weren't taking my insurance. *sigh* So finally we decided to go back up to the ER and just tell them that the midwife had already said it wasn't pregnancy related as did 2 different hospitals. So we go up to Fort Sanders and tell them just that and they said it didn't matter. I was over 20 weeks pregnant I was going to L&D to be cleared before they could do anything. So up to L&D where I am again hooked up to a fetal heart monitor and a contraction machine for 2 hours. The baby is fine.. his heart beat was a little faster than normal but he is fine. No contractions. They call the midwife and speak with a different midwife. She says basically don't send me to the ER send me home and they will set up appointments with a physical therapist and an emergency ultrasound. The only other thing "medical" they can think of that might be pregnancy related is possibly a uterine cyst or an ovarian cyst. Lovely. So I was told to go home, get some rest, and someone from the center will call me before 11am today. Went home.. was in so much pain I took a Tylonel 3 and finally fell asleep for 2 hours.. woke up every hour after that until the alarm went off at 6:30 this morning. *yawn* Got up this morning and took 3 extra strength tylonel.. feels like I barely took any. No call from the midwife yet. I am sure when they do call it'll be to tell me that no one can see me until next week and I'll just have to deal or take more pain medication which is not good for the baby or me at this point in the pregnancy. I want to scream. Or cry.. perhaps both.