Tales from my life as a mom of 2 sons and 2 daughters


Cheli On Saturday, July 28, 2007

Ummmm oops it's been like 2 weeks since I updated. I've had stuff to say really, I've just been way too tired to do anything. How pathetic LOL

I am 8 weeks 4 days along now. I feel really good. Slightly nauseated in the mornings but nothing too bad. I'm exaughsted all the time but not sure if that's just pregnancy or if that's chasing toddler plus school plus pregnancy :) I got to meet the midwife on Wednesday and go on a tour of the birthing center. The center is absolutely beautiful, they have a HUGE tub and a birthing tub that can be set up if the main tub is occupied. They allow laboring and delivery in the tubs and I'm really hoping to spend most of the time there. I know I want the baby born in the water the laboring will just be whatever is comfortable at the moment. Lots of walking and position changing. The midwife herself was wonderful, she answered every question I had and was very sweet. I have my first official prenatal appointment set up for August 1st *next wednesday* at 4. I'll be just over 9 weeks. YAY!

I've already started shopping for the baby's cloth diaper stash with paypal money that I had left over from selling River's diapers. I have 2 dozen preemie prefolds and 2 dozen premium infant prefolds and 1 dozen premium regular prefolds (those are from River). I'm going to wait to get covers until after we find out the sex of the baby in October.

I have a busy week school wise coming up. I have a midterm for mental health on Monday and then Tuesday and Wednesday I have a final each day. Wednesday I start my final class, which is Leadership Development. Thursday afternoon we have the PN Assessment. It's a 3 1/2 hour test 220 question long that we HAVE to pass before we can graduate. Friday is just a regular day as far as I know. I have 2 1/2 weeks left until I graduate. YAY!!!!!!!!!!

For those that call the cell phone, it's been temporarily disconnected because of money issues. Hopefully we can get it turned back on soon. Doug starts work on Wednesday. I got a job as well that's supposed to start on the 6th but due to some scheduling conflicts it doesn't look like it's going to happen. Not a big deal. It won't be long before I'll be able to get an LPN position. I'll enjoy the time while I have it and utilize it to study for the NCLEX.

River is amazing. He was sick for about a week. Turns out he has tonsillitis. He is currently on antibiotics to clear it up. The day before we took him to the doctor he developed a rash all over his body which the doctor said is called a viral exantham. He's had it before but I wanted to make sure it was the same thing. Within 24 hours of starting the antibiotic he was doing much better. He is thinning out so much. I didn't realize but he is becoming so much less baby than he was... *sniff*. And of course along with losing his babyish look he's also developing quite the little temper. Has taken to throwing himself on the floor kicking and flailing around when he doesn't get what he wants. Points and whines for everything. I know alot of it is frustration at the inability to communicate with words. I'm still not sure why he isn't talking more. I'm going to bring it up with the doctor when he goes for his 18 month check up in a few weeks.

My mother came down this week. We drove down to Daytona to see her and Jen (her girlfriend) and they took us out to dinner and bought River a little disney sippie cup. It was nice seeing them but was too short of a visit. Oh well..

Other than that.. I think you are all filled in on the happenings of our life :)