Tales from my life as a mom of 2 sons and 2 daughters

Pages

Cheli On Monday, July 2, 2007

So there is a possiblity that this pregnancy might be ectopic.

I woke up yesterday morning about 3am and started puking.. Spent all morning puking on on the toilet ( I know TMI) and by the afternoon I had a 102 fever and pain radiating through my back and my left side so I decided to get checked out. I was severely dehydrated from my wonderful morning so I got 2000ml of fluid and some Zofran (anti-nausea meds) and they did a UA (surprise it came back pregnant) and blood work (Beta HcG levels). My Beta came back at 550. Which is a good number for how far along I am. They did an ultrasound and couldn't find a gestational sac in my uterus but they said it could still be too early. They found some sort of "atypical" formation in my right ovary. They said that it could be some sort of cyst or could be the beginning of a gestational sac (or an ectopic pregnancy). Being as such I have to go back to get HcG levels tested again on Wednesday as well as a repeat ultrasound to make sure the numbers are going up like they should be and to see if they can see anything in my uterus yet.

Meanwhile they sent me home with information on the stomach bug and a Rx for Phenegran for nausea. I'm taking the Phenegran around the clock and feel MUCH better today. Will update on Wednesday.

0 comments: