Tales from my life as a mom of 2 sons and 2 daughters

Pages

Cheli On Friday, January 30, 2009
Time for an update.. I know I know aren't you excited?

School is going good. Finals are next week. I actually had one final this week in Algebra, ended up with a 97% in the class. Works for me. FInals next week in English, Anatomy and Physiology 1 and Microbiology. Then the term is over on Wednesday. Next term will be a piece of cake :) I only have to go one morning each week. Which is great since we have tons of appointments coming up for the boys.

Speaking of appointments. Journey had his feeding therapy appointment *per our usual Wednesday appointment*. She said he's doing great. She said we are free to start trying "table" foods with him as long as they are cut up. She suggested dipping the harder things like cereals in apple juice, it adds flavor and softens the food a bit. We haven't tried much. We tried Mac and cheese Stage 3 for the first time today and he did okay with it. Really had to chew for a while to get it down and was still "gulping" when he finished. He's still having issues with thinned liquids. Not like he was before or at least not at as often but still issues.

We are still waiting on Genetics to call us back to tell us what "special lab" we need to go to get the testing and typing done. We had the appointment Jan 14th, They said give them 2 weeks.. I called 2 days ago and left a message with the receptionist that I still hadn't been contacted. She said she would pull his file and put it on the nurses desk and someone would call me back.. still nothing. I'll call Monday again and be more persistant. *sigh*

Monday is also River's evaluation with Early Intervention. Someone came by today from Early Intervention to do a "first contact" appointment. The usual questions that I've become SO familiar with.. How many week was he? How much did he weigh? Any NICU time? etc. He goes Monday for a full evaluation.. should expect to be there at least 2 hours. Then sometime next week she's coming back to get all the same information on Journey. I told her to plan on being here a bit longer as there was alot more to tell LOL. His appointment with Early Intervention is the 10th and he also goes on the 10th for his next Synagis shot. Poor kid.

Other than the constant appointments for the kids and the tiredness (is that a word) from going to school and taking care of them things are going rather well for us. It's a nice change of pace. Makes me wonder when the other shoe is going to drop.


0 comments: