Tales from my life as a mom of 2 sons and 2 daughters

Pages

Cheli On Sunday, January 4, 2009
It's back to reality for me tomorrow. Winter break is over. School starts back up in the morning. In some ways, I'm ready to get back to the routine of it but in other ways I could use another few weeks of "nothing". It seemed like around the holidays everything just stopped. Doug had more time off work, I had 2 weeks off of school, Journey's appointment with different doctors disappeared and we entered this calm period. Now it's back to the jumping daily activities it seems.
I have approximately 4 weeks left of the 1st semester of school. I've got A's in all 4 classes that I'm taking this semester WOOT. I've decided that I'm going to pick up my weight loss adventure and start again. I'm not happy with how I look and I've got to change it so for the last week and a half I've been eating better. I also went and signed back up with the Y for now and have been going at least 3 days a week for a work out. I don't know that I will ever reach my ideal weight but if I could lose another 25 lbs from where I'm at now.. I think I'd be happy. My birthday was yesterday (I'm now 25). It was a pretty laid back day. Doug had to to work from 1 to 6 and then we went out for Sushi (YUMMM) and to the bookstore in the mall for a new book for me.

Doug's work is still going wonderfully. He's been there about 4 months now and he still loves it. He's building up a good amount of return clients that request him specifically when they come which is great. Once he's been there 6 months he'll start recieving 10 dollars every time someone requests him for a massage. YAY. We've been busy the last few days organizing the house and cleaning. The house looks clean and happy and clean. LOL If only it would last HA!

River is doing well. He LOVES his bike that he got for Christmas and rides it outside almost every day. He is SO full of energy from the moment he wakes up until the moment he falls asleep. I only wish I had a portion of his energy. A few days ago he was in the kitchen with daddy and reached up and touched the eye of the stove when Doug was cooking. He has a nice wonderful blister to show for it now. Guess he will remember better not to touch the stove like we said. 6 weeks or so and he'll be 3 years old. WOW. He seems to have some sibiling rivarly with Journey now. Doesn't want him touching his toys, doesn't want him touching even his own toys. We took him to the pediatrician a few days ago because he has been having FITS over noises. It started with his fear of the vaccum and has spread to tons and tons of other noises. He complains that everything is "too loud". So she wants to have him evaluated by Early Intervention just to make sure there isn't something going on. I'm still waiting on a call back from them. She also referred him to a dermatologist because of something going on with his ear. We are waiting on a call from them as well. He was weighed and measured but I'm not going to say what they are just yet.. I'll wait for his 3 year appointment in Feb but I will say this... my 2 year old is the size of an average almost 4 year old LOL. But he has a BMI of only 21 so he's well within his range for height and weight which is awesome :).

Journey is closing in rapidly on 11 months old. About 6 weeks to go until he turns 1.. craziness. He's babbling away now. Dada Baba Ga, Go. He's EVERYWHERE all the sudden. He's crusing furniture (although not well), he is finally hands and knees crawling and he is super fast. He still only gets solids (baby food) once every other day or so. If we give it to him more than that he has tummy issues. And he's stil on thickened liquids. He saw his speech therapist this week and she said he is doing beautifully. He is still significantly delayed but he's making progress. Which is good. He goes again on the 7th and he also goes for his GI follow up. Hopefully they'll release him from their care and it'll be one less doctor we have to deal with. Then on 14th we go for his big Genetics appointment that we've been waiting on forever.. finally.

Other than appointments and River burning his hand life is good. We are getting out of debt slowly which is awesome and we're taking all the right steps toward building a great future for our family. YAY

0 comments: