Tales from my life as a mom of 2 sons and 2 daughters

Pages

Cheli On Thursday, February 5, 2009
Well, the first semester of school is over. And I have a 4.0 GPA. That's right I got all A's this semester. Micro, English, Anatomy and Physiology 1 and Algebra. YAY!!! Semester 2 will be VERY easy for me. I have credit for the majority of the classes they need to take this semester so I only have to go on Thursdays from 8am until 12:30pm. Not bad at all. Should be able to make it through the semester with my 4.0 intact :)

Today I went to a local weight loss clinic. I had to go through a urinalaysis, blood work, and an EKG but I was found "fit enough" and "fat enough" to be part of the program. So I am taking diet pills and a multivitamin and calcium supplement. I go back in 30 days for a reweigh but will be weighing once a week at the house to monitor my loss. He says if I exercise, eat right, and still with the pills I should be at 140 by Christmas. We'll see. It would be wonderful. My goal weight is 132. I can't remember the last time I weighed 132. Probably elementary school :(

River went for his Early Intervention appointment on Monday. And BLEW THE TEST OUT OF THE WATER. It was never in our minds that he was delayed but we went to the EI appointment away because they said it would be a good resource. So needless to say, he doesn't qualify for the program. We did get a good lead on another place that handles more of the sensory issues and if we feel he needs it we can have him evaluated there. His birthday is next Wednesday (the 11th) I can't believe he's turning 3 already. He goes back on the 18th for his Well child check up so I'll have some new stats for him soon.

As for Journey.. I finally heard back from the genetics people (read.. I hounded them until someone finally gave me some information). Apparently there is NO specality lab in the state of Florida that tests for Noonan Syndrome. Since Journey is on state insurance because he gets disablity no lab outside the state will do the test either. So we're pretty much stuck. They are going to draw labs on him on Monday to test for abnormalities not associated with Noonan Syndrome. If it comes back with an abnormality then we know it's not Noonan and we don't have to worry about the other test. If it comes back clean we can decide whether to try and get someone to cover his test or whether we want to sit back and just watch him clinically for a year or so. According to the geneticist kids like this will sometimes manifest more signs of the syndrome as they grow and then she would be able to just diagnose him clinically and we wouldn't need the test. Journey turns 1 on the 15th (a week from Sunday). He too goes for his well child check up on the 18th. We're hoping for some length growth as he hasn't grown in length since about 8 months of age.

Guess that's it for now...

0 comments: