Tales from my life as a mom of 2 sons and 2 daughters

Pages

Cheli On Tuesday, November 6, 2007

We took River to the doctor yesterday. He has had a cough for weeks now and the last 2 or 3 days it's really been horrible. Then on top of that he's had diarrhea and no appetite for about 48 hours. So We took him in. She said as far as the stomach issues go.. just keep him hydrated and don't force him to eat, which we'd been doing anyway. She was a little concerned about his coughing though and sent us over to an imaging center for a chest x-ray.

We got a call this morning. He has bronchitis. I'm pissed. Linda (my mother in law) smokes. In the house. I hate it. She smokes in her smoking room and no where else (when we are up and around). But lately she has been leaving her door open, coming into the kitchen in the mornings before we get up with a cigarette, and just generally not giving a crap. Essentially.. she is the reason why River is sick. She will NOT smoke outside. She won't stop smoking at the house. We have no choice but to continue to live here until Doug graduates school and we can move back to Tennessee. And she doesn't care that River's always sick other than to say "awww poor baby".

They want River to get a nebulizer treatment every 4 to 6 hours. They put him on albuterol. They put him on singulair. And they sent him for blood work. My poor kiddo.

In other news.. I'm 23 weeks today. I'm starting work for a facility tonight part time (with full time potential) and I'm psyched about it. I'm still working for 2 other agencies for supplemental work but this will be consistant work and consistant paycheck. YAY!

I have some stuff I need to get done before going to work so I'll update more later.

0 comments: