Tales from my life as a mom of 2 sons and 2 daughters

Pages

Cheli On Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Somehow it's already been another 10 days since I updated.. no idea how it got to be that long again LOL and honestly not too much to update on.

I'm 25 weeks 1 day pregnant today. Go Me! I've almost reached the double digits in the count down. And less than 2 weeks and I'll be in my third trimester. The pregnancy is flying by. Which in some ways is a blessing and other ways it stinks. Journey is growing more and more every day and getting stronger by the minute it seems. He is a very active little one and already developing a personality of his own. He can't stand when anything presses again my belly.. someone's hand, the bed when laying on my side, anything... and will kick right at the pressure every time. LOL We are pretty much done shopping for him. We have one or two small things left to get him and then we're good to go and it becomes a waiting game. I'm so ready to see this little one and the next 3 1/2 months are going to take FOREVER. I go back to the midwife a week from Friday for my last monthly appointment. WOW

I've been busy with work lately. I started work at a facility full time on the 3-11 shift. I LOVE my job. I didn't think I'd ever be able to say that about a job but I really do.. I love it. I look forward to going in every day and that's great. It makes it easier to go even when I don't feel so hot. The other nurses have been wonderful about helping me get my footing so to speak and don't mind helping me out on the things I'm not sure about or can't do because of the pregnancy. They keep saying what a wonderful nurse I am and what a good job I'm doing.. :) It makes me feel good. I'm planning on working up until the beginning of February at least.. we'll see though. I'm working as much as possible right now to try and make sure we are financially caught up on bills and what not before I have to stop working so that there isn't that burden to worry about as well.

River is doing AWESOME. He is on Singulair for his chronic allergies now and it is working so much better for him! He's talking up a storm and so amazingly cute. He is having some issues with not wanting to listen lately but eh, what kid doesn't. We are quickly putting a stop to it and he's getting better. As for the bitting and hitting. He's done alot better with these two things as well. We've changed his schedule around some and revamped some things that weren't working and the biting has pretty much stopped. WOOO HOOO. He has learned how to talk on the phone now. He'll hold imaginary conversations on his play phones (our old phones) and then gets very excited when the real phone rings and will come running from wherever he is shouting "Hed-o" (Hello) LOL He's so cute. I would say his vocabulary is up to somewhere around 30-40 words now :) My smart little man. And he had a follow up with the pediatrician for the bronchitis and it's now gone. He had to have a 3 day stint of antibiotics but it's gone and so is the cough and congestion so we're happy. He's growing like a weed.

Doug is doing great in school. He's in his 5th mod now (out of 9). After this mod is over he gets to order his table :) His estimated graduation date is April 5th. Which means we'll be moving back up to Knoxville no later than May 1st. We can't wait!!!


0 comments: