Tales from my life as a mom of 2 sons and 2 daughters

Pages

Cheli On Friday, November 2, 2007
I had my midwife appointment today. Everything went great. I lost another pound LOL Which makes my total weight loss 4 lbs since I started the pregnancy. YAY! Journey's heart rate was in the 140s we think. Couldn't tell because he wouldn't stay still.. every time she put the wand on my belly he'd flip over, kick at the wand and move away LOL My BP is 117/72 and pulse was 85. I had protein and leukocytes in my urine today when I tested but she said both are common in vaginal secretions which increased during pregnancy and since we don't do clean catches there that's probably why. She says they don't worry unless it really gets outrageous and mine was just a trace. I take the GTT next time I go in. It's just a meal that I have to eat 2 hours before my appointment and I looked at the meal and it's really not bad at all so I think I'll do it instead of deny it. She said even if it comes back high they'll just send me to a lab for a blood draw to find out exactly what's going on and modify my diet as needed unless it's outrageously high and then I'll be risked out.. (I had GD with River) but my blood sugars have been running on the low side this pregnancy so I think I'm okay. My next appointment is November 30th and that will be my last monthly appointment. :)

0 comments: