Tales from my life as a mom of 2 sons and 2 daughters

Pages

Cheli On Monday, April 9, 2007

Back to the daily grind..

Doug had to get up at 4:50 for work this morning. I have to be up about 5:45.. I just decided to get up with him since I slept like crap last night anyway. So I'm sitting here enjoying my coffee and waiting until I have to get the baby up to get him ready for daycare. I have clinicals today.. supposed to be there no later than 7.. daycare doesn't open until 6:30.. Shands is at least 20 minutes away and that's without traffic.. and there is ALWAYS traffic at 6:30am so I'm screwed.. oh well.. this is the way it has to be for now.

I really don't want to send the baby to daycare today.. I don't think he's running at 100% yet but what's a girl to do. Doug HAS to work or he'll get fired, I HAVE to go to clinicals or I'll get kicked from the program.. So River HAS to go daycare. He hasn't run a temp of any measurable amount for over 48 hours but as of last night he still had a bit of the viral exantham left (it's a rash). Hopefully that's gone this morning. If not.. I'm putting him in a onesie so that perhaps they don't notice it much.. I know that's bad but I can't afford to get called from them saying he has to be picked up.. maybe if I can at least make it until 11:30-12 with out the call coming in I can get credit for a full day at clinicals.

I HATE having to send him to daycare still sick. Hell, I hate having to send him to daycare period. Doug has put in for going part time for work. He'll work 4 days a week instead of 5. 2 of the days will be the weekend so I'll be home and the other two days will be late evening so I'll be home in the evening on those days and he'll be home during the day. I already figured the bills out, we'll make it work like that but it won't be fun.. But it will be better, then we can pull River out of daycare. I just keep telling myself that it will get better. It will be better once I graduate.. and I graduate in 129 days. It's hard to believe that there is only 4 months left.. I've been in the program for 9 months already. River was 5 months old when I started and he'll be 14 months old in 2 days. Where the hell has the time gone??

I factored out my GPA.. I have a 3.8 right now. If I can get all A's for the remainder or the course I'll get a final GPA of 3.95 or something like that. Go me. The seniors have 2 weeks left of school and then they are done and we become the seniors. WOO HOOO I can't wait. The new class starts in May and we'll be the seniors to them.. thats a trip.

0 comments: