Tales from my life as a mom of 2 sons and 2 daughters

Pages

Cheli On Monday, October 30, 2006

So today was a very stressful day for me. Why??? Because I gave my first injections. Not on a patient, but on a classmate. But still.. She said I did WONDERFUL and that she didn't even feel me stick her. I don't know if she was just saying that because she is a friend of mine or if she actually meant it LOL I guess we'll figure out on Wednesday when I start my clinical rotation in the hospital and have to give them on patients who aren't my friend. LOL I actually gave a total of 3 injections which I think it ONE of the few things I was truly apprehensive about mostly because it's invasive.

We got our first grades back on our Nutrition Unit Exam 1 and I didn't do so hot. Apparently no one else did either. The highest grade was an 83 (ouch) and that wasn't mine (double ouch). I guess I need to start focusing more on Nutrition and less on Med Surg. We got our mid term evaluations today in Med Surg and I have a 91 overall grade and a 93 on the Midterm itself. YAY!!!! Only one more grade in that class which is our Final and it's 40% of our grade. Maybe... just maybe I can hold onto this A.

River and I are both really thrown off by this whole daylight savings time thing.. He wants to go to bed an hour earlier and I get up an hour earlier and we're both just TIRED. BLAH. The poor kid has a cough that just won't let up. He's had it a few weeks now but only when we are home for the most part. I think there is something here (the cats perhaps) that he is allergic to. I'm not going to make a sudden move and throw every cat out but I do think we are going to get rid of 3 of them (leaving us with 2) and see if it starts to get better.

Don't know if I mentioned already but we got a new computer. It arrived on Saturday from Dell. I love it. It's got a beautiful monitor, fast speed, lots of memory and everything. YAY!!! We'll be paying on it for the next forever but hey what else is new. It's not a big deal. We are officially caught up on bills. YAY!!! Now maybe we can start being mature people and put money away for stuff that we need and not stuff that we want. HA!

0 comments: