Tales from my life as a mom of 2 sons and 2 daughters

Pages

Cheli On Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Hey Everyone,

Well... we went today to Human Services and made an appointment to see about getting on TennCare now that I'm pregnant. Have an appointment tomorrow morning but was told it could take up to 45 days before I could get on it. Went to the Health Department next.. to confirm pregnancy.. Their hours of doing the tests are from 8 til 2.. we got there a little before 2:10 and they wouldn't take us.. stupid people. While we were there though we found out that they have a Social Services outlet there at the HD and that they only take pregnant women and it's almost instant converage and all you have to bring in is a confirmation of pregnancy and your social.. so we are going to do that tomorrow when we get up. Then when we left there we went to a Pregnancy Help Center and the woman there was a complete bitch..at least I thought so.. I ended up getting up and leaving and walking about 1- 1 1/2 miles to stop crying and calm down.. She gave Doug some information and confirmed the pregnancy with a test. Lots to do tomorrow. Lots to think about.

My friend Kathy gave me a Pregnancy Book that she had.. it's HUGE and I can't wait to read it! I am going to get the "What to Expect when you're expecting"book.. I had it from before and JUST got rid of it about 3 weeks ago because I didn't figure we'd ever get pregnant.. figures.. So I was doing math and looking at the wheel and according to the wheel based on the first date of the last period.. I'm due February 8th, 2006.. when we go to the doctor I'll get a more accurate date and all that.

I spoke to my mother today.. she actually called me.. just talked about work and whatever and when Jenn (her girlfriend) brought up the pregnancy my mom basically snapped her head off and threw the phone at her. *shrug* I talked to Jenn for a while. she's funny.. And the cat is out of the bag now.. she asked how old Doug was. Neither one was really surprised.. Jenn says she wanted a grandbaby just not at this moment.. but oh well since it's happening she would put in an order for a girl.. LOL OK well it's almost 2.. I was tired about 5 hours ago but we went to a dollar movie at the new theater. So I'm going to go crash now... haven't had a cigarette since last night about Sunday night at 7pm.. YAY I have gone 30 hours without a cigarette.. See you all later.. hope all is well.

0 comments: