Tales from my life as a mom of 2 sons and 2 daughters

Pages

Cheli On Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Journey had his surgery this morning on his ears. He did beautifully. They gave him Versed before the surgery so he went with them with out too much of a fuss and didn't freak out when he woke up with out us there. He was 29 lbs (50th percentile) and 33 inches (4th percentile on regular charts or 50th on Noonan charts) which is basically right where he tends to hang out so we'll take it. The doctor said there was fluid behind his ears again. *sigh* but that other than that no problems. We go back in July for a follow up with the ENT and audiologist.

Pregnancy wise. I'm 21 weeks 1 day now. I went to the perinatologist yesterday and got some more information about the screening they did that came back positive for possible Down Syndrome. My numbers went from 1:932 chance to 1:86 chance based on the screening. They of course talked to me about the more invasive testing of amniocentesis which I declined with the stipulation that I may change my mind in the future (like once the girls have reached a good age that if they were born they could survive). The ultrasound from yesterday showed that both girls had a good normal amount of fluid (B had a bit more than A) and good blood flow. My cervix was looking good as well. I'll go back next Tuesday for another repeat scan of the same thing (fluid, blood flow, cervical length). Then On June 2nd I'll go in for a genetics ultrasound (Level 3 ultrasound) which should be able to pick up on any other markers for Down Syndrome that girls might have. They will also be measuring the girls' growth progress to make sure they are staying on the same course (aka that Baby A isn't falling further behind)

0 comments: