Tales from my life as a mom of 2 sons and 2 daughters

Pages

Cheli On Friday, August 29, 2008
It's Friday again and I'm actually updating, on a Friday. Go me.

Weigh in day has me a pound less than last week at 169 even. 48 lbs loss so far. I also did my measurements and lost another inch of my waist and 1 1/2 inches off my hips. WOOT. 12 lbs to go until I am out of the obese BMI range.. Slowly but surely I'm getting there.

I went down to Concorde this week and talked with the DON about when the IV certification class is offered. That's when she informed me that hey got the LPN to RN bridge program and I HAD to be in it. LOL They still don't know much information other than they will start officially advertising for it September 2nd and the classes will start November something. I came home and talked with Doug about it and he is all for looking into it so there is a possiblity I will be back in school in November. WOOOOOT.

Doug's first payday is today... YAY!!! We know the next 2 checks are going to be smaller than normal due to missed days from Fay and what not. But at least it's money coming in. He LOVES his job still and I love being able to pay the bills. LOL We managed to get a few of them paid today and we'll pay a few more on Monday or Tuesday.

Journey went to the doctor this week for his WBV.. yes he went a few weeks ago and got measured but this was for his shots etc. The re-measured him. He is 16 lbs 14 oz and 26.25 inches now :) He has really grown in the last month or so :) I love it. He has a very bad case of acid reflux apparently so they upped the dosage of his Zantac to 3 times a day and changed the formula that we supplement with to Nutrimagen (the insanely expensive stuff River was on). He also was put on an antibiotic to combat an ear infection he has. Poor kid. But after all of the changes.. he slept all night *knocks on wood*. She said that he is slightly behind in communication skills which seems to be the status quo for my kids so I'm not worried. He amazes me every day. I can't believe how fast he's growing. We are in the process of cleaning out the spare bedroom to make it a bedroom for Journey so we can move him out of our room before I start school because it will wake him up and we don't want that.

River is sick as well. A cold of some sort. Snot, lots of it and coughing. Doesn't seem to be slowing him down at all. We measured him when we took Journey to the doctor the other day and he was 40 inches. He is insanely tall. Takes after his daddy. LOL He sings all the time now, to all the nursery rhymes. I love it. He loves to go out to the park and take baths and if he hears either word he MUST go right now so we've taken to spelling certain words around him. He still won't sleep in his room, we're not pushing the issue.. we figure he will go back to sleeping in his room at night when he's ready. He does sleep in there for naps.

All in all a good week ont his side of the world..

0 comments: