Tales from my life as a mom of 2 sons and 2 daughters


Cheli On Sunday, August 10, 2008
OK I'm finally getting around to writing an entry.. I know it's a few days late but considering I had 6 teeth pulled on Thursday... a few days late is fine. LOL
I weighed in on Friday even though I didn't figure on losing anything. I was 171.6 which is down 1.4 lbs from last week. WOOOO HOOOOO I'm beginning to think that the scale is a piece of crap. Oh well.
I went in on Thursday and got 6 teeth removed. I don't remember much of Thursday. I remember him giving me the IV and saying that's the only pain I'd feel while I was there. Then I made a comment about liking his shirt and I was out. Don't remember getting home or anything else until late Thursday evening. I've been in quite a bit of pain the last few days but it's slowly getting better. I kept ice on it 24/7 for the first 2 days and kept heat on it all day and night last night and today. So the swelling is almost non existant as well. Here's a picture of me at 2 days after surgery (don't mind the date on the camera, we were testing out a camera that we're sending to a friend of mine since hers broke)... see how swollen I was??

I'm going tomorrow to see the midwife for my annual exam and to get my IUD removed.. we've decided that if we're going to have another child we need to do it sooner rather than later as Doug isn't a spring chicken anymore.. so we will start actively trying as soon as my cycle returns.
Doug starts work on Wednesday. He's excited and nervous. I know he'll do great and I know he'll love it. He also interviewed at another massage/spa place. The lady owns her own spa and wants to start offering massage therapy as a service. Doug would be the one to do it. It is a 70/30 split so Doug would get 42 dollars plus tip on an hour long massage. It would also give him experience in different parts of the massage therapy business (booking, client networking, etc).
River had his last day of daycare on Friday. We decided it was time to pull him out since I'm staying home with Journey it didn't make much sense for us to be paying to send River. It should be interesting having both boys home all the time. I've joined up with a moms meet up group on line that gets together a few times a week to do activities etc.. should be nice to interact with other moms and for River to get the socialization he needs. He is fighting bedtime again... we put him to bed and he knocks on the door to be let out of his room. We put him back in his bed and he knocks again... 15 times a night.. before he finally caves and goes to sleep. We think there might be something that he's seeing out his window that's scaring him so we're going to paint over his windows to try and prevent that from happening.
Journey turns 6 months old on Friday. It's flying by. I can't believe it's been 6 months old already. We took dairy out of my diet and it has made a world of difference with his sleeping and his behavior so I guess he has the same allergies going on that River does. *sigh* He's still not really interested in doing much of anything. He wants to be held the majority of the time and is very vocal when he's not. We are doing solids every other day or so now and he seems to be tolerating them well.