Tales from my life as a mom of 2 sons and 2 daughters


Cheli On Saturday, August 23, 2008
OK I told myself that my goal today was to sit down and finally write an update.. sorry it's been so long.

I weighed in yesterday at 170 exactly. Which brings my total to 47 lbs. WOOT. I lost 1.6 lbs this week. YAY!. I went this week to an orientation for the flu clinics I did last year. I'm going to do them again this year for some extra money during the times that Doug isn't scheduled to work. I have to go sometime in September to get my CPR card recertified (I can't believe it's been 2 years since I got my card already). Then the clinics will start October 1st.

Doug started work last Wednesday. He loves it. He gets tips of about 40 dollars a day and we have been putting them in an old jar and saving them for gas and what not. He gets paid every 2 weeks for the actual massages. Next Friday will be payday. It won't be as good as it usually will be due to the fact that one day was really just orientation and then this week he's missed 3 days because of Fay.

Speaking of Fay... we're okay. It got pretty nasty here for a few days. Yesterday was the worst. We had 2 tornados touch down about 5 miles from here. We got 9 inches of rain. Winds of 65 miles an hour. It was nasty. But it seems as if she has moved away now so thank goodness the sun is almost shining and everything can start to dry out.

As I said in my last real post, we pulled River out of daycare. He's been out of daycare for 2 weeks now. It's going okay. He has hit the terrible 2's full force. He back talks ALOT more than I would like but we are nipping it in the butt. We have also been having some bedtime issues with him. A few weeks ago he started crying when we put him to bed, we figured he just didn't want to go to bed. A few days went by and his crying esclated to terror. So we thought it was because he was seeing stuff outside of his window so we spray painted his windows so barely any light gets in and he can't see out and it got even worse. So then we figured it was because he was afraid of the dark so now his door stays open at night but he's still waking up multiple (think 5 or 6 times a night) crying and asking for us or coming into our room or Linda's *my mother in law* room. I'm not really sure what to do for him but we are all pretty sleep deprived. He has gotten taller over the last few weeks I'm convinced. He can open the fridge AND freezer doors by himself now and has taken to bringing the Orange Juice out and asking for more. He can count up to 16 now in English. Is beginning to recognize some of his letters, and sings all sorts of songs. He really misses the interaction with other kids at school though. I tried to go on a play date with a mom's meet up group and although 7 people RSVPed for the park no one showed up.. I was rather turned off by it. We did however discover that someone we've been talking with on line for a year now lives about 10 minutes from here so we decided to meet up. She has a 3 year old daughter and a 6 month old daughter (among 4 other children) LOL so we got together with the kids and went to the park. It was most fun.

Journey is a little less than 6 1/2 months old now. He is getting more mobile every day. He can roll both ways and has taken to rolling across the room to get to where he wants to go. He can sit up for longer periods of time now as well but can't figure out how to get to a sitting position. He is soooo close to the belly laughing now I can taste it. I can't wait to hear his sweet little laugh. His eyes are still blue, I'm wondering when they will change? River's are brown now. He is still waking up once or twice a night most nights to nurse but as soon as he nurses and gets a diaper change he goes right back to sleep and last night he slept straight through from 8 until 7am. It was wonderful. He is such a smiley and happy baby most of the time and getting SO BIG!!! I'm so ready for the boys to be able to play together.. they have slowly been interacting more and more with each other and Journey is over the moon about his brother.. it's awesome :)

Here are some pictures....

River after passing out on the couch.. the only way we can get him to fall asleep with out confrontation.. I don't mind it as long as he actually goes to sleep. And he seems to have learned that lesson too it's rare we have to tell him not to talk and go to sleep now... but a few times we had to put in his room before he was asleep because he was too wild.

Tell me this is not the cutest truckload you've ever seen ;)

River is his friend Ella at the park last week.

Journey and his friend Lauren (she's exactly 2 months younger)

My sweet boy on my lap after nursing himself to sleep.. is there anything sweeter than a sleeping baby???

Journey showing off his wool shorties/longies and amber teething necklace.