Tales from my life as a mom of 2 sons and 2 daughters

Pages

Cheli On Friday, June 20, 2008
It's Friday so it's update time.. not much to update this week though LOL

I weighed in today and was 179.6. I only lost .4 lbs this week. I had a really hard week. I was sick for 3 days and we went out to eat twice so oh well. At least I didn't gain. I'm going to do better this week. We put an ad on the local craigslist for a barter for a treadmill or eliptical macine in exchange for free massages. Someone wrote us back so we are in the process of ironing out the details and seeing if it will work out. I hope it does.. it would be awesome to be able to exercise at the house instead of having to go outside and the damn humidity.

I had a job interview for a job working with profoundly mentally handicapped children. I was really excited about the job but they pay just wasn't worth it so I ended up turning down the position. *sigh*

Doug got a call from his instructor 2 days ago saying that they FINALLY mailed out his application and check to the state so hopefully some time next week he will have a license number and can start working. We are eager for him to begin work.

Journey is feeling a bit better. He had 4 days of Prednisone, 4 days of breathing treatments, and is almost done with 10 days of amoxicillin. I think it was the antibiotic that did it. He still hasn't had his 4 month shots. He goes next Thursday. We are only getting two of them anyway so it's not a major deal. We got him weighed and measured earlier in the week (as per post below) so I'm not in any rush. In other big news. On Wednesday (18th) Journey rolled over for the first time (twice). He hasn't done it since but he did it LOL. He has been alot better about letting us put him down. He is alot more interested in his toys finally and he is such a smiley boy. We have stopped co-sleeping. We built him a little pallet on the floor until we can get a crib in there. He was keeping Doug up and Doug was waking him up because both are wild sleepers. I miss having my baby in bed with me. 4 months and we're still breastfeeding. I am loving the bonding that it offers. I love knowing that he's growing big and strong because of me :)

River is having a better week too. No accidents at school this week YAY! He is totally into Thomas the Train now which is awesome. The other day I got a video of him counting to 14 in English and 10 in Spanish. He's such a smart little guy. He has been insisting on going to bed with about 8 different cars LOL he's so silly.

Like I said, not much to report this week... I'll try and get some pictures up here for you all in the next few days.

0 comments: