Tales from my life as a mom of 2 sons and 2 daughters


Cheli On Friday, June 13, 2008
It's Friday again... time to update :)
Today was weigh in day again. I weigh 180.0 lbs. Which is a 3.6 lb loss this week. YAY!! I was worried that I wouldn't loss this week because I went to Olive Garden with Linda and Doug yesterday and thought for sure I ate too much but apparently not :) I went today and got my hair cut as a reward. And I also took another full body picture to show myself how far I've come. The last full bod y pic I took was when I was about 2 1/2 months post partum. It's been another month and a half now..

Before my hair cut

After the hair cut

And before and now shots of me with the weight loss.

We have had a pretty rough week with the kids. Journey is SICK. Apparently the "pink eye" wasn't. It was the first sign that he was coming down with something. He has a really bad cough and is all congested sounding. We took him to the doctor yesterday and they put him on albuterol nebulizer treatments 4 times a day for the next 5 days. He was 13 lbs 6 oz at his appointment fully clothed. His official weight and height stats for the 4 month mark will be Monday when he goes for his "well baby visit". He's a little guy in comparison to other babies his age but he's growing and that's what matters. He is finally showing some interest in his activity mat and will tolerate being put down for brief period of time which is nice. Still not rolling over or anything exciting so we'll just continue to watch.. I'm sure it will happen soon enough. He got approved for SSI about 2 or 3 weeks ago and we started receiving the checks last week. It's nice to have a little extra money coming in so we don't have to feel pressured as much about fitting his appointments and what not around work etc.

River had a rough week at daycare this week. Monday he got bit by another kid in his class.. pretty hard. Left a mark and a nice bruise for a few days. None of his teachers saw it happen... Tuesday he came home with a nasty rug burn on his arm and again none of the teachers saw it happen and his main teacher even tried to say that he came in that way... No I would have noticed it if he had. Wednesday he came home with 2 accident reports. One for banging his head against the chalk rail of the chalk board when he tripped over a naptime mat and the other for running into another kid that was holding a puzzle and getting jabbed in the chest with the corner of the puzzle. We are going to be pulling him out of daycare and he'll stay home with the baby and I for a little while if we can manage the funds. By eliminating the daycare costs it will cut our monthly bills almost in half. Other than his accident full week he has been doing great. He is so smart and fun to be around (most of the time). I love him to pieces.