Tales from my life as a mom of 2 sons and 2 daughters

Pages

Cheli On Saturday, May 31, 2008
OK so I guess it's time for a real update as it's been a while since I've done one and have just posted pictures and stuff.. (who knew that it would be so hard to find the time to post a nice update once you had another kid LOL).

My new goal is to lose weight. I hit an all time high on delivery day with Journey of 217 and I only gained 4 lbs during the pregnancy so I couldn't really blame the pregnancy. I am only 5 foot 1 so my ideal weight is 105-132. I currently weigh 185.8 so I am slowly losing but still have a LONG way to go. My first goal is 157 which brings me out of the "Obese" BMI range and into he "Overweight" range. I have been exercising daily (walking 1 mile a day) and watching what I eat and it's coming off.. it's just going to take time. *sigh*

Doug got hired on at Massage Envy for evenings and weekends but he can't start working until he gets liability and his license (which we still haven't received from the state board). He's really excited about starting at the company and I'm excited to see his dream come true :) He has been exercising and watching what he eats (some) with me to try and lose a few lbs as well.

River is doing great. We started him back on his allergy medicine because he has his cough and snotty nose back. BLAH. He started a new daycare about 2 weeks ago. His former daycare decided they didn't want to take children under the age of 3 any more so we found a new daycare. He seems to really enjoy it and they are so impressed with him. He is talking in complete sentences now and I would say we understand him the majority of the time. He loves watching Dora the Explorer and Go Diego Go currently. We banned Caillou from his TV watching as I think the show is teaching him bad behaviors. He has turned into a picky eater all the sudden. He is barely eating toddler portions of meals and he won't touch any vegetables anymore. We have taken to just asking him to try a bite of each food and if he doesn't want it he doesn't have to have it. Normally once he takes a bite he'll decide he likes it but vegetables he won't even attempt. Oh well. He is so tall. I measured him the other day when he was able to reach up and touch the freezer door on our fridge to help close it. He is now 38 inches tall! He is a normal 2 year old that is pushing limits and driving us nuts. He doesn't listen at all and pretty much does the exact opposite of what we ask. He has discovered the word "No" all over again and will pretty much say No, no matter what we ask/say to him. His favorite bedtime book currently is a Nursery Rhyme book and we'll go through the songs and sing them for her bedtime book. One of his favorite is "This little piggy" because we tickle him at the part that say "wee wee wee all the way home". He then will ask for "tee coo" which is tickle. He can sing the words to Baa Baa Black Sheep, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, "most" of his ABCs. He LOVES any songs that have hand motions to them. He absolutely LOVES being outside and is even starting to get a bit of a tan LOL

Journey is 15 weeks old now. He'll be 4 months old in about 2 weeks. He still isn't doing much LOL He has no intention of rolling over or anything else. He has decided that he is perfectly content to be held for the rest of his life LOL He is a beautiful sweet little baby who loves to smile when he's in a good mood. He sleeps great at night and loves to spend time laying with daddy. Nursing is going well. He loves to eat. Not much else to report..

0 comments: