Tales from my life as a mom of 2 sons and 2 daughters

Pages

Cheli On Friday, August 17, 2007

I did it !! I did it!! I am offically a nursing school graduate or a practical nurse :) Yesterday I went in for my last final. I got a 98 on the final and a 97 over all in the class. My final GPA is 3.76 :) Last night was the pinning and capping ceremony for the program. We read the Nurse's Prayer and the Nightengale Pledge and we get our Practical Nurse pin and a nursing cap and our lamp lit. It was a beautiful ceremony. I got pictures and I'll post them as soon as I can figure out how to do it on the lap top. It went beautifully. I'll go back every Wednesday for an hour or two for NCLEX review until sometime in mid to late September when I take my national boards for my license. Then I'll have to wait 48 hours to find out if I passed. That is going to be a LONG 48 hours LOL. But anyway... 13 months and I am finally done. YAY!!!!

River turned 18 months old last Saturday. Where the heck did the time go??? He went for his 18 month check up on Monday. He is 27 lbs even and 33 1/2 inches tall. It puts him in the 75% percentile for his height and weight. :) She said he's gonna be a tall boy. Thank the gods! She said he failed his hearing tests in both ears so she is referring him back to the audiologist for a more in depth hearing test. They have no openings in this month so I need to call them on 27th of the month to schedule an appointment for sometime in September. She is also slightly concerned about his lack of speech. Said he should be talking a bit more than he is. She did say it probably has something to do with all the ear problems he's had in the past but she wants to refer him for a speech evaluation regardless just to make sure there isn't something more going on. So we should be making an appointment with a speech therapist in the next week or so (they will call us) to get him seen. Other than that.. he had one shot. We waived the chicken pox vaccination again. He is done with shots until he turns 4 :) YAY!!

I am feeling okay. Morning sickness is still around. Every other day or so I'm extremely nauseated and throw up a few times in the morning. Fun fun. I'm 11 1/2 weeks. I will start the second trimester on the 28th. And then once I start the second trimester I can start going to get free massages at Doug's school ;) I can't wait!

Doug is loving school. He finished his first mod (class) and has moved on to the second. There is a total of 9 and each last about a month. He finished the last mod with a 96 or so. :) I'm so proud :)

Other than that... life is good :)

0 comments: