Tales from my life as a mom of 2 sons and 2 daughters

Pages

Cheli On Saturday, March 28, 2009
Time seems to be disappearing into a vaccum. I mean to update often and before I know it, weeks have gone by since the last update. Oops.

As it stands, I have 3 weeks left of my 2nd semester of school. I'm doing well, not as well as I probably should be considering this is my only class this semester but oh well. An A is an A , right? My last day of this semester is the 16th of April. The next semester doesn't start until the 30th of April. YAY. 2 whole weeks off. We are thinking about getting out of town during that time but I'm not sure that will happen. Next semester I have Chemistry, Communications, Sociology, and Transitional Nurisng. Oh boy.

My weight loss is going well. I'm at 172.9 this morning. My lowest weight being 168. I will get there. I will pass it. Hopefully soon. I go April 1st for my next appointment with the doctor. My goal is to be 168 by then. :)

Now for the stuff with Doug's work.. We spoke with them in regards to getting Doug put on a schedule that would be possible for us to manage while I'm in school. They said it definitely sounded possible, they needed to talk with the regional manager to okay the change, could the have a couple of days. We gave them 4. Doug asked and she said that she hadn't had a chance to talk to the manager because she had left town for 2 days. We waited until Thursday. We asked Thursday and she gave us yet another reason why she hadn't gotten an answer. So we decided that it was time to leave Massage Envy and try it on his own. So he has been out of Massage Envy for a bit over a week now. And he's doing just fine. He's getting 3 to 4 massages a week and more calls with interested people than that. Everyone he's massaging has loved what he can do. And best of all, he's making about 4 times the amount of money he was making per massage at Massage Envy.

We are taking the boys to get their pictures done on Monday. Finally. We never took Journey to get his 9 month pictures done as he was sick around that time and then around a year we just got really busy with him being sick again and we couldn't. So he'll be going in for his 12 month pictures at almost 14 months but oh well. And River will be getting his 3 year pictures done. I'm really hoping to be able to get a picture done of both boys together. We don't have one yet.

We took River to the doctor this past week because we are still thinking there might be something sensory going on with him. When we mentioned it to the doctor she more than willingly wrote a referal to a sensory integration department at a local medical center for testing. As much as I don't want anything to be wrong with him, it sure would explain a lot of his behaviours. Other than those issues, he's been doing great. He's so smart. I'm in the process of reading "Setting Limits for Your Strong Willed Child" in hopes that it gives me some idea of what to do with him. He doesn't listen, he back talks, he acts up. It's frustrating.

Journey is doing great. He is walking almost full time now and getting better and better at it. He prefers walking over crawling now. It's amazing to watch him toddle around. He is still having issues with feeding. He has major adversions to certain foods and he doesn't get sippy cups. Hopefully when the therapist starts coming around next month she'll be able to help him. He's still not talking at all. He's back to saying "Da Da Da" repeatedly but he doesn't really get what it means and doesn't make any other sounds. He goes Friday for his genetics appointment finally.

2 comments:

Princess said...

*hugs* we're being forced to take Jake to EI for an eval.... grr... i'll explain later... love you!

jessicalflores1@aol.com said...

Hopefully you guys will find something out at the genetics appt! I know you have been waiting forever.