Tales from my life as a mom of 2 sons and 2 daughters

Pages

Cheli On Monday, September 29, 2008
I am so irritated with myself.. I got on the scale today for the first time in almost 2 months a few days ago.. I've gained 6 1/2 lbs. I've got to figure out a way to get going again. *sigh* So my weight as of right now is 175.. maybe if I get back into posting my weight etc it will help. BLAH. I'm going to weigh less than 175 by the time I start school November 10th .. it's my goal. 6 lbs to go. I took my net exam last week. I knocked it out of the ball park. It's pretty much garenteed that I'm getting in. I filled out the first part of the financial aide and spoke with someone about it. I'll get the actual figures in another week or 2 but it's totally affordable with the grants and student loans I can get which is awesome. I have to go back next week sometime to take a pharmacology test. And I'll have to meet with financial aide again to iron out the details etc.. but it looks like November 10th I'll be starting school. My graduation date will be February 25th, 2010.. approximately 15 months.
Doug asked his work if he could switch his week hours from 3-10 to 4-10. She said it shouldn't be a problem but better yet, why not give them a schedule that works for us and they'll see if they can work with it. How cool is that!!! So we are going to ask if they can have him work Tuesday through Friday 5-10pm and Saturday from 10am-3pm with Sunday and Monday off. If they can do that it would be awesome. It would allow for us not to have to put the boys in daycare while I'm in school and he's working so we won't have that cost. Which would be wonderful. He goes on Saturday for his Deep Tissue class. It's an all day thing and it costs 175 dollars but that's okay. It will be worth it in the long run. Other than the lack of constant clients, he LOVES the job which totally rocks.
Today we switched River's toddler bed back into a crib and moved Journey from our room to River's old room. So tonight will be our first night of River sleeping in his new room, Journey in his new room, and Doug and I and our room with no baby since before I was pregnant. How awesome! Can't wait!!! I hope all goes well.
River is having some major attitude/behavior issues and I can honestly say that 2 is the first age I have absolutely HATED. He back talks constantly, has no regard for anything we say and half the time with blantantly disregard what we say. He yells, throws things, hits, bites.. he's horrible. We're trying to be more consistant in the time out department and hope it works. I won't consent to using spanking.. as I just can't.. and we can't seem to come up with another form of discipline that we think might work with him so we're going to try time outs more consistantly even if that means he lives in time out for a while. On the other side.. he can be so amazingly sweet and smart sometimes. He loves Dora still and he actually interacts with the show now.. answers the questions. Says the words when she asks. He can recognize some letters and numbers now. Can count to 30. Loves to play and sing and run and jump and is ALL boy. I can't believe he'll be 3 in a few months.. where has the time gone?? It is time for him to get another hair cut as he's starting to resemble a shaggy dog so we might take him tomorrow to get it done.
Journey is still pretty much the same as last week. Nothing new and exciting other than getting his own room and what not. We're watching him to see when he'll start crawling or sitting up. His eyes are still blue, I'm so hoping they'll stay. I bought his Halloween costume the other day and am waiting for it to come in the mail. He is going to be a Dalmatian dog and River is going to be a fire fighter :) hehe I can't wait.
We took the car in on Thursday to be looked at because the rumbling/shaking that it was doing was driving us nuts. We figured we needed to replace one of the tired because the shaking seemed to be in one side of the car more than the other. Well he said our 2 rear tires could go any time and our shocks were bad. So we replaced the two back tires on Friday and started to look into getting the shocks replaced. What a joke. No one in our city carries the shocks we need. The one place we found that did wanted to charge us 400 dollars to do it.. WOW. So we aren't getting that done yet.. We also need to get some belts fixed before I start putting all those miles on the car in November. Yee haw.

0 comments: