Tales from my life as a mom of 2 sons and 2 daughters

Pages

Cheli On Tuesday, August 2, 2005

Hi Everyone! I had a doctor appointment today for an U/s WOOO HOOOO! Everything looks wonderful.. they said I am actually measuring about 12 weeks but they are going to leave me where I'm at as far as due date and all so February 17th is it looks like. We got to see and hear baby! OMG baby has gotten SOOOOO big!!! Heartbeat was 166 and we got a video and pictures!! We also got to see the baby's face!!! OMG it was sooooo amazing!!!! YAY!!! I have lost 1 1/2 since last appointment which they say is fine and the doctor told me not to take the prenatals for the next few weeks and see if I stop the morning sickness and if I do they will switch me to Flintstones vitamins and supplements as needed. I had the first trimester screening today which was why I had the U/s.. they drew blood and took measurements of baby. Doctor says the nasal bone was there and in place and the fluid at the base of baby's neck is measuring normal so that gives me 85% chance of having a non-Down Syndrome baby and then after the lab work comes back in a few days if all is okay it take me to 95%. I go back around 16 weeks for the 2nd trimester testing for Spina Bifida and another one.. and then again at 20 weeks for Anatomy!!! Doctor sheduled another appointment with him in 2 weeks.. don't know why because I am seeing a midwife now but whatever.. double the care, double the appointments, double the chance of seeing baby :) Just thought I'd share ;)

0 comments: