Tales from my life as a mom of 2 sons and 2 daughters

Pages

Cheli On Friday, March 28, 2008

Journey man is 6 weeks old today. WOW. It flew by. He is doing very well. Breast feeding is going great which is a huge huge relief. I've even been able to build up a little bit of stored milk for when I pick up shifts for work. Journey still has his days and nights confused but we're trying to rectify that. He thinks he needs to be held 24/7 which wouldn't be a problem except for the fact that we need sleep too. Doug slept on the couch with him last night so I could get a few hours of solid sleep since I am working tonight and tomorrow. I feel rested, i think? I'm still tired but I know I got sleep so whatever. Little man has some great head control and has decided to use it recently. He loves looking around and he's so alert all the sudden. The fun is about to begin :) He hasn't smiled yet but he did roll over this week from his tummy to his back :) YAY Journey! We should be hearing some time today from the cardio surgeon in regards to Journey's surgery date.. Here's a picture of Journey from yesterday. I totally love his outfit. It's a newborn Carter's sleeper but it's got vibrant colors which you never find with Carters stuff for newborns.

pics 010

River is doing great. He blows me away with how smart he is. He knows all of his basic colors now. He knows most of his shapes. He can count to 10. He recognizes some numbers by sight. He is learning his ABCs. He's amazing. He also has taken to singing lately.. his song of choice "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and it's the cutest thing in the entire world. He has an obession with cars still and loves his baby brother. He has suddenly become very protective of him.. always wanting to help, always trying to get him to stop crying, wants to give him kisses. It's awesome :) He's starting to show more interest in the potty but we totally aren't pushing it right now.. we're letting him lead us. He's only 25 months so I figure we have a while yet before we get into potty training full on.

This thursday is my bankruptsy hearing. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. I'm ready to put it behind me. Doug and I are caught up in all of our bills right now and are in a place where we can start putting money away each month to move back to Tennessee. We are so ready. I'm planning on meeting with an admissions councelor for an on line nursing program this weekend. It's a go at your own pace program for most of the program so It's possible that I could be an RN by this time next year :) WOOT. Doug started his last module at school yesterday. He graduates in 4 weeks. 9 months has flown by. He's getting nervous about his national test but I know he'll do great. Dare I say it but I think we might have finally turned the corner in our lives and are going in the right direction finally...

So i think that's my update for the week. Will update later.

0 comments: