Tales from my life as a mom of 2 sons and 2 daughters

Pages

Cheli On Thursday, May 24, 2007

It's been a while since I've updated. So I figured I'd go ahead and update now.

Tomorrow is my last day of my 4th semester and then I have a 4 day weekend WOO HOOO. When I come back on Wednesday we start Professional Development and Mother/Baby. I'm SO psyched. It will also be the beginning of our 5th and final semester. Only 83 days left or something like that. YAY!!!!

Yesterday was very interesting, we went and toured the morgue :) I thought of Shawn the entire time and wished I could have taken pictures but they made us turn our cell phones off before we were allowed through the door :( It was definately an experience. The first place he took us was to the room where they do autopsies on decomposed bodies. We were standing out on the loading dock and the smell was awful.. he tells us he'll open the door if anyone wants a whiff and a peak LOL so he did and boy oh boy what a site.. 2nd place we went was the nondecomposed body autopsy room.. no smell.. very cool! We got to go right up to the cadaver and view him.. very cool. I'm glad for the experience but I could NEVER NEVER NEVER do that job.

Then today Doug goes into work. Works for 3 hours.. Calls me at 9:30 and says he's been fired. :( Apparently he missed too much time with the baby being as sick as he has been and they let him go even though hes given them doctor's notes for every absence. *sigh* I don't know what we're going to do. Doug filed for unemployment, we'll see if he gets it. I went out today and put in a few applications with nursing homes and assisted living facilities in the local area. We'll see. We're so close.. only a few months left.

River is doing okay. He hates bedtime. He hates caving in to going to sleep. His teeth have been hurting him alot lately too *he has 4 all coming up at the same time and another 2 trying to break through*. He can say "Night Night", "Dada", "Mama", and his favorite...."Ut oh"LOL It's too cute for words. He has really been into trying out new foods lately. Pretty much everything we put down he'll attempt to try a bite at least which is all we ask.

Picture 005

0 comments: