Tales from my life as a mom of 2 sons and 2 daughters

Pages

Cheli On Sunday, December 17, 2006

My little boy is growing up! Where the hell has time gone. Tonight is the first night in 9 months that River has gone to sleep with out the CD of rain playing in the background. *sniff* He has started to eat table food. He's able to walk as long as he holding one of my hands. He's getting so big!!! OMG he's 10 1/2 months old. I want my little baby back. I'm going to be the mom of a toddler soon. OMG.

We rearranged the living room area yesterday so that River would be able to have more space to walk/crawl/play in. It feels much more open and much better for him. He doesn't want to grasp the fact that he isn't allowed to play with the computers so we are saying alot of "no touch" and redirecting him but other than that, I love the new set up.

I have 4 days left of school before the winter break. We are doing cardiovascular and Urinary systems right now. Fun Fun. I'll have a midterm in one of the classes the day I come back and I'll have a final in other class a week later. YUCK. We got our half lighter pins on Friday. It's a pin that the PN students receive for making it half way through the program. Technically our half way point isnt until the middle of January but who cares.

River has surgery on Thursday. I have to call the hospital on Wednesday to find out what time he needs to be there and what time we need to stop feeding him before hand. The ENT that saw him said that the surgery is only going to take about 20 minutes total. 45 minutes of recovery time and then he'll be able to come home. She says it's nearly pain free and whatever pain he does experience will be alleviated by simple tylonel or motrin which she suggest we give him for the first 24 hours regardless. I know it's not a major surgery but I'm still nervous. So yeah, obviously I won't be going to my clinical rotation on Thursday. Oh well. They'll live.

We are finally getting rid of a bunch of River's old stuff.. a bunch of 3-6 month clothes that he can't really fit into anymore and some toys, burp cloths, etc etc that we don't use anymore. My little boy is growing up... I'm ready for another one LOL

Today 002

0 comments: